I’ve been traveling since I was a teenager, and through decades of travel experience, I learned that lugging around a giant suitcase with my entire wardrobe in it really weighed me down. Pun intended.
In my 20s, I decided to try traveling with only carry on luggage. And I LOVED it! No more waiting around for my checked bags when I got off the plane, no more worrying about my suitcase getting lost, no more heavy luggage to drag down cobbled streets and up several flights of stairs.
Now I’ve been traveling this way for more than 15 years. I’ve done everything from a long weekend to a couple of weeks to several months with only carry on bags.
This site is loaded with tips from my travel experience and my expert travel packing advice to help you travel better. Even if you’re not ready to give up your checked bag, you’ll find lots of helpful info for packing and traveling smarter.
All your packing & luggage questions answered
- Carry On Luggage Size Chart
- What to Pack for a Trip: Packing Checklist for Carry-On Only
- Solid Toiletries for Travel: Non-Liquid Options to Pack in Carry-On
- What NOT to Pack in Your Carry-On Bag
- Can you bring it on a plane?
- Best Carry-on Luggage
- How to Pack for 2 Weeks in a Carry On
- Is There a Carry On Weight Limit? Everything You Need to Know