SpiceJet is a low cost carrier based in India. They operate a fleet of Boeing 737s and Bombardier Q400s serving destinations throughout India as well as a handful of international destinations in Asia and the Middle East. SpiceJet has different carry on baggage size restrictions depending on the type of aircraft your flight is on, so be sure to read the information below.
Updated October 2019
Headquarters Country: India
Cabin baggage allowance for SpiceJet
Number of items allowed: 1 carry on item
Note: No cabin baggage is allowed on flights originating from Jammu, Srinagar & Leh airports.
Maximum allowed in imperial: (converted)
- H x W x D (on Boeing airplanes) = 21.6 x 13.7 x 9.8 in
- H x W x D (on Bombardier airplanes) = 19.6 x 13.7 x 9 in
- Linear measurement (on Boeing airplanes) = 45.2 in
- Linear measurement (on Bombardier airplanes) = 42.5 in
- Weight (economy) = 15.4 lbs
- Weight (business) = 22 lbs
Maximum allowed in metric: (official)
- H x W x D (on Boeing airplanes) = 55 x 35 x 25 cm
- H x W x D (on Bombardier airplanes) = 50 x 35 x 23 cm
- Linear measurement (on Boeing airplanes) = 115 cm
- Linear measurement (on Bombardier airplanes) = 108 cm
- Weight (economy) = 7 kg
- Weight (business) = 10kg
Extra weight for your carry-on bag can be purchased ahead of your flight. For an extra fee, you can purchase an additional 5 kg (11 lbs) of weight for your carry on bag, for a maximum total of 12 kg (26.4 lbs). However, keep in mind that this allows you to have a heavier cabin bag, but not a bigger bag or more bags. You are still only permitted one carry on item and it must fit within the dimensions listed above. See here for more info.