JetStar is a low cost airline serving more than 85 destinations in Australia, New Zealand, Asia, and the Pacific. They operate more than 5,000 flights per week with a fleet of Boeing 787 Dreamliners, Airbus A320s, Airbus A321s, and Bombardier Q300s. The JetStar Group consists of JetStar Airways, JetStar Asia Airways, JetStar Pacific Airlines, and JetStar Japan. Please read below for information regarding JetStar’s cabin baggage size and weight allowances.
Updated October 2019
Headquarters Country: Australia & Singapore
Note: Information below has been gathered from the JetStar Australia website. I have verified that the carry on information on the Singapore site is identical, but if you are flying on one of the other branches, please verify their hand luggage sizes and policies before your flight.
Carry on baggage size info for JetStar
Number of hand luggage items allowed:
- Economy (includes Starter, Starter Plus, Starter Max, and Flex bundle fares): 1 + personal item
- Business class: 2 + personal item
Maximum allowed in imperial: (converted)
- H x W x D = 22 x 14 x 9 in
- H x W x D on Regional New Zealand Q300 aircraft = 18.9 x 13.4 x 9 in*
- Weight (Starter, Starter Plus, Starter Max) = 15.4 lbs total
- Weight (Flex bundle) = 22 lbs total
- Weight (business) = 15.4 lbs per piece, 30.8 lbs total for both carry-on items plus personal item
Maximum allowed in metric: (official)
- H x W x D = 56 x 36 x 23 cm
- H x W x D on Regional New Zealand Q300 aircraft = 48 x 34 x 23 cm*
- Weight (Starter, Starter Plus, Starter Max) = 7 kg total
- Weight (Flex bundle) = 10 kg total
- Weight (business) = 7 kg per piece, 14 kg total for both carry-on items plus personal item
*If you are flying on Regional New Zealand Q300 aircraft, and your cabin luggage is bigger than 18.9 x 13.4 x 9 in / 48 x 34 x 23 cm but still falls within the 22 x 14 x 9 in / 56 x 36 x 23 cm size restrictions, JetStar will check your bag for free. Please present your bag at the check-in counter.
Planning a trip to Australia? Check out how to plan two weeks in Australia.