Air France is the national airline of France, and they are a member of the Sky Team Alliance. You can book flights on Air France to destinations throughout the world. They have different weight restrictions on carry-on luggage based on what class of ticket you have. Read below for more information about cabin baggage allowances on Air France.
Updated October 2019
Headquarters Country: France
Cabin baggage size for Air France
Number of items allowed:
- Economy: 1 hand baggage item plus an accessory/personal item
- Premium Economy, Business or La Première cabins: 2 hand baggage items plus an accessory/personal item
Note: a suit bag is considered a standard cabin bag, not a personal item
Maximum allowed in imperial: (official)
- H x W x D = 21.7 x 13.8 x 9.9 in
- H x W x D (personal item) = 16 x 12 x 6 in
- Maximum total weight for economy (standard baggage + accessory): 26 lbs
- Maximum total weight for business (2 standard baggage + accessory): 40 lbs
- H x W x D = 55 x 35 x 25 cm
- H x W x D (personal item) = 40 x 30 x 15 cm
- Maximum total weight for economy (standard baggage + accessory): 12 kg
- Maximum total weight for business (2 standard baggage + accessory): 18 kg
The Air France website also lists a handful of other items that are permitted on board in addition to your carry on item and personal item. Some examples include a coat or jacket, an umbrella, duty free items you purchased at the airport or in flight, accessories for children such as a diaper bag (be sure to read the family and children section of their site), and medical equipment.
Traveling to France? Check out our 1 Week Itinerary in Paris.