Air France is the national airline of France, and they are a member of the Sky Team Alliance. You can book flights on Air France to destinations throughout the world. They have different weight restrictions on carry-on luggage based on what class of ticket you have. Read below for more information about cabin baggage allowances on Air France.
Updated October 2019
Please note that some posts contain links that earn me a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Headquarters Country: France
Cabin baggage size for Air France
Number of items allowed:
- Economy: 1 hand baggage item plus an accessory/personal item
- Premium Economy, Business or La Première cabins: 2 hand baggage items plus an accessory/personal item
Note: a suit bag is considered a standard cabin bag, not a personal item
Maximum allowed in imperial: (official)
- H x W x D = 21.7 x 13.8 x 9.9 in
- H x W x D (personal item) = 16 x 12 x 6 in
- Maximum total weight for economy (standard baggage + accessory): 26 lbs
- Maximum total weight for business (2 standard baggage + accessory): 40 lbs
Maximum allowed in metric: (official)
- H x W x D = 55 x 35 x 25 cm
- H x W x D (personal item) = 40 x 30 x 15 cm
- Maximum total weight for economy (standard baggage + accessory): 12 kg
- Maximum total weight for business (2 standard baggage + accessory): 18 kg
The Air France website also lists a handful of other items that are permitted on board in addition to your carry on item and personal item. Some examples include a coat or jacket, an umbrella, duty free items you purchased at the airport or in flight, accessories for children such as a diaper bag (be sure to read the family and children section of their site), and medical equipment.
Traveling to France? Check out our 1 Week Itinerary in Paris.