At Travel Made Simple, we LOVE food tours! Andy and I think they are one of the most enjoyable ways to experience a city for many reasons, which is why you should take a food tour on your next vacation.
Food plays a huge role in the history and culture of a destination, and food tours teach you about those links.
You probably have certain foods you want to try when you’re traveling. Taking a food tour ensures that you get to taste the real deal, not some mediocre version a local would never eat.
Usually you get to try a few things you never even knew existed. These foods are still important to the local cuisine, but they may not have made it beyond the borders. Now you get to taste them too.
Food tours are like two tours in one because you get to explore the city or neighborhood, and you get to eat lots of delicious things along the way.
We love food tours so much, we’ve written several posts so you’ll understand why you should take a food tour and what to look for when booking one. We’ve also reviewed the food tours we’ve taken and interviewed other travelers about their food tours.
Dig in to our food tour section!
- How to Pick the Perfect Food Tour
- What to Expect on a Food Tour
- How to Prepare for a Food Tour
- Can You Take a Food Tour with Allergies or Dietary Restrictions?
- Why Group Size Matters on a Food Tour
- Food Tours: The Perfect Way to Explore a City
Food tour reviews in Europe
- Which Food Tour Should You Take in Rome?
- Prague Craft Beer Tour Review
- Prague Food Tour Review
- Budapest Food Tour Review
- Paris Food Tour Review
- Amsterdam Food Tour Review
- Copenhagen Food Tour Review
- Brussels Chocolate Tour Review
- Ljubljana Food Tour Review
- Warsaw Vodka Tour Review
Food tour reviews in the USA
- Atlanta Food Walks Review
- Washington, DC Food Tour Review
- Jackson Hole Food Tour Review
- New York City Greenwich Village Food Tour Review
Food tour reviews in Canada
- Quebec City Food Tour Review
- Montreal Food Tour Review
- Vancouver Granville Island Market Food Tour Review
Food tour reviews in other parts of the world
Please note that some posts contain links that earn me a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Read more about tours and planning your trip: