Sun Country Airlines is a leisure airline based in Minnesota. They operate more than 85 routes serving more than 50 destinations in US, Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean. Travelers can book more than just flights though – Sun Country also offers full vacation packages including flights, hotels, car rentals, and more. Currently the fleet consists of 4 Boeing 737 aircraft. Sun Country Airlines charges for carry on baggage that goes in the overhead compartment, so be sure to read the baggage information below.
Updated October 2019
Headquarters Country: USA
Carry on baggage size information for Sun Country Airlines
Number of items allowed: All ticket types are allowed one “under seat item” which is basically a personal item. If you want more than that, you will need to purchase an “overhead item” (larger sized carry on item) and/or a checked bag.
Maximum allowed in imperial: (official)
- H x W x D (personal item) = 17 x 13 x 9 in
- H x W x D (carry-on item, if purchased) = 24 x 16 x 11 in
- Weight (carry-on item, if purchased) = 35 lbs
Maximum allowed in metric: (converted)
- H x W x D (personal item) = 43.1 x 33 x 22.8 cm
- H x W x D (carry-on item, if purchased) = 60.9 x 40.6 x 27.9 cm
- Weight (carry-on item, if purchased) = 15.8 kg
Purchasing carry on bags or checked bags is cheapest at the time of booking. The fees increase if you decide to add bags to your booking later, and the charges are most expensive if you add baggage at the airport or if you do so by calling the reservations number.