Icelandair is based in Iceland and connects the country to destinations in North America and Europe. In addition to flights to and from Iceland, the airline is also a popular choice for connections between the two continents due to its position roughly halfway across the Atlantic Ocean. Many travelers choose to fly Icelandair and build in a stopover of a few days when flying between these two continents. Keep reading to find out more information about the Icelandair carry on baggage allowances.
Updated October 2019
Headquarters Country: Iceland
Carry on baggage allowance for Icelandair
Number of cabin baggage items allowed:
- Saga Premium, Economy Flex, Economy Standard, and Economy Light: 1 + personal item
- Saga Premium Flex: 2 + personal item
Maximum allowed in imperial: (official)
- H x W x D = 21.6 x 15.7 x 7.8 in
- H x W x D (personal item) = 15.7 x 11.8 x 5.9 in
- Weight = 22 lbs (per carry on item for Saga Premium Flex passengers)
Maximum allowed in metric: (official)
- H x W x D = 55 x 40 x 20 cm
- H x W x D (personal item) = 40 x 30 x 15 cm
- Weight = 10 kg (per carry on item for Saga Premium Flex passengers)
On certain flights, space may be limited. If this happens, Saga Premium Flex passengers might need to check their second carry on item, at no additional cost.
Your personal item must be able to fit under the seat in front of you. Examples include a laptop bag, a small handbag, or a purse.
Icelandair is a great airline choice for a stopover when flying between North America and Europe. Read more on layover perks you never knew about.