Fiji Airways flew its first flight in 1951, and today they operate more than 400 flights a week to 15 cities in 10 countries. The airline’s fleet consists of Airbus A330s, Boeing 737s, ATR 72-600s, ATR 42-600s, and Twin Otters. Fiji Airways has a dozen or so partner airlines to help connect you from various parts of the world to the islands of Fiji. The Fiji Airways carry on luggage size and weight allowances vary depending on the class of ticket you have purchased and the type of aircraft you will be flying on.
Updated October 2019
Headquarters Country: Fiji
Cabin baggage allowance for Fiji Airways
Number of items allowed:
- On ATR aircraft on regional routes: 1 + personal item in economy & business classes
- On B737 or A330 aircraft: 1 + personal item in economy, 2 + personal item in business
Maximum allowed in imperial: (converted)
- H x W x D (economy) = 21.6 x 15.7 x 9 in
- H x W x D (business) = 22 x 17.7 x 9.8 in
- Weight (all classes on ATR aircraft) = 15 lbs
- Weight (economy on B737 or A330 aircraft) = 15 lbs
- Weight (business on B737 or A330 aircraft) = 15 lbs per item if bringing 2 items, or 30 lbs if bringing one item
Maximum allowed in metric: (official)
- H x W x D (economy) = 55 x 40 x 23 cm
- H x W x D (business) = 56 x 45 x 25 cm
- Weight (all classes on ATR aircraft) = 7 kg
- Weight (economy on B737 or A330 aircraft) = 7 kg
- Weight (business on B737 or A330 aircraft) = 7 kg per item if bringing 2 items, or 14 kg if bringing one item
The Fiji Airways website also states that an adult traveling with an infant under two years old is allowed an additional 7 lbs / 3 kgs of hand luggage.
Non-compliant cabin baggage will have to be checked at the gate for a fee. The charge depends on the point of origin and destination.