Etihad Airways is based in Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates and connects people to destinations around the world. They are a good choice for long haul flights even if Abu Dhabi isn’t your final destination, but you are likely to end up with a layover there. Etihad Airways operates a fleet of Boeing 787 and Airbus A380 aircraft. Their carry-on luggage restrictions differ depending on your class of ticket, so check below for more information before your flight.
Updated October 2019
Headquarters Country: United Arab Emirates
Please note that some posts contain links that earn me a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Carry-on Baggage Size for Etihad Airways
The Etihad Airways website allows you to put in your flight origin and destination in order to find out how much cabin baggage you are allowed to bring on board. The number of items, dimensions, and weight limits listed below could be different depending on your flight. Please check your ticket or go to the Etihad Airways website to verify.
Number of carry on items allowed:
- Economy: 1 + personal item
- First/Business class: 2 items + personal item
Maximum allowed in imperial: (converted)
- H x W x D = 19.6 x 15.7 x 9.8 in
- Linear dimensions = 45 in
- Weight (economy) = 15 lbs
- Weight (first/business class) = 26.4 lbs total
Maximum allowed in metric: (official)
- H x W x D = 50 x 40 x 25 cm
- Linear dimensions = 115 cm
- Weight (economy) = 7 kg
- Weight (first/business class) = 12 kg total
Got layover questions? We’ve got all the answers to help with your layover right here.