Emirates is based in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. It’s a very popular airline for long haul flights, connecting you from one end of the globe to the other. They allow more carry-on items for first/business class than for economy, so be sure you understand their cabin luggage allowances before you leave for the airport.
Updated October 2019
Headquarters Country: United Arab Emirates
Please note that some posts contain links that earn me a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Cabin luggage size for Emirates
Number of carry on items allowed:
- Economy: 1 item
- First/business class: 2 items
Maximum allowed in imperial: (official)
- H x W x D = 22 x 15 x 8 in
- H x W x D for 2nd item (first/business class) = 18 x 14 x 8 in
- Weight = 15 lbs (this is per item for first/business class)
Maximum allowed in metric: (official)
- H x W x D = 55 x 38 x 20 cm
- H x W x D for 2nd item (first/business class) = 45 x 35 x 20 cm
- Weight = 7 kg (this is per item for first/business class)
Have any layover questions? Check out everything you need to know about layovers here.