Delta is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia and is a founding member of the SkyTeam airline alliance. It operates under a few other names, including Delta Connection. It is the oldest airline operating in the U.S. and is the world’s second-largest airline, operating more than 15,000 flights a day. As with many airlines, Delta offers one carry-on bag and one personal item free of charge.
Updated October 2019
Delta Air Lines carry on luggage size restrictions
Headquarters Country: USA
Number of items allowed: 1 + personal item
Maximum allowed in imperial: (official)
- H x W x D = 22 x 14 x 9 in
- Linear dimension = 45 in
Maximum allowed in metric: (official)
- H x W x D = 56 x 35 x 23 cm
- Linear dimension = 114 cm
According to Delta’s site:
“No maximum weight applies to carry-on baggage except in the below stations:
- Singapore, Singapore – Changi International Airport (SIN) carry on should not exceed 15 lbs. (7kgs)
- Beijing, China – Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK) carry on should not exceed 22 lbs. (10kgs) for domestic flights. Individual carrier rules apply for international flights.
- Shanghai, China – Pudong International Airport (PVG) carry on should not exceed 22lbs. (10kgs)”
Delta Air Lines baggage info
The maximum allowed carry on baggage size for Delta is 22 x 14 x 9 in/56 x 35 x 23 cm. Delta has weight restrictions for Singapore, Singapore (15 pounds/7 kgs); Beijing, China (22 pounds/10 kgs); and Shanghai, China (22 pounds/10 kgs).
Laptops count as a personal item and cannot be checked.
Bringing fragile items as or in carry-on baggage may require the signing of a Limited Liability Release Form.
There are some flights which only allow a personal item, including connecting flights and flights with 50 seats or less, due to limited overhead space. However, any carry-on baggage within size restrictions will be checked free of charge at the gate and returned when you are getting off the plane.
Delta has the option of purchasing an extra ticket so that fragile or bulky items can be stored in a seat. These items cannot exceed 100 pounds and cannot affect safety on the plane.
Delta also offers the option to track checked baggage via the bag tag number.
Check out the Atlanta food tour review or browse through all our tour reviews on Travel Made Simple.