Azores Airlines is the main airline for the Azores Islands, a gorgeous Portuguese island group in the Atlantic Ocean. They will connect you to the Azores from North America as well as major cities in Europe. Flights within the islands are operated by SATA Air Açores. They also have stopover deals if you’re looking to break up your journey between North America and Europe. Pay close attention to the carry-on allowances since they are different depending on your class of ticket.
Updated October 2019
Headquarters Country: Portugal
Please note that some posts contain links that earn me a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Carry-on Luggage Size Info for Azores Airlines
Number of cabin baggage items allowed:
- Economy: 1 + personal item in economy
- Executive class: 2 + personal item
- Flights on SATA Air Açores (flights between islands): 1 + personal item
Maximum allowed in imperial: (official)
- H x W x D (economy) = 21.6 x 15.7 x 7.8 in (converted)
- Linear dimensions (economy) = 45 in
- H x W x D (executive) = 22 x 17.7 x 9.8 in (converted)
- Linear dimensions (executive) = 49 in
- Weight (economy) = 17 lbs
- Weight (executive) = 44 lbs (max 22 lbs per bag)
Maximum allowed in metric: (official)
- H x W x D (economy) = 55 x 40 x 20 cm
- Linear dimensions (economy) = 115 cm
- H x W x D (executive) = 56 x 45 x 25 cm
- Linear dimensions (executive) = 126 cm
- Weight (economy) = 8 kg
- Weight (executive) = 20 kg (max 10 kg per bag)
For flights between the islands on SATA Air Açores, regardless of ticket type, each passenger is allowed to have one carry on item plus a personal item. The carry on item can measure up to 21.6 x 15.7 x 7.8 in / 55 x 40 x 20 cm and can weigh up to 17 lbs / 8 kg.