Air Macau is a regional airline based in Macau. It was founded in 1994 and began flights in 1995. The airline operates flights that connect Macau to many cities in mainland China, plus Taipei, Bangkok, Hanoi, Danang, Seoul, Tokyo, Osaka, and Fukuoka. Currently Air Macau has a fleet of 10 Airbus A321s, 9 Airbus A320s, and 2 Airbus A319s. The airline is not part of any of the major airline alliances, but there are a few codeshare flights with other airlines. Air Macau’s size restrictions for carry on luggage is fairly standard, although their weight limit is on the low end compared to other airlines.
Updated October 2019
Headquarters Country: Macau/China
Air Macau cabin baggage allowance
Number of carry on items allowed: 1 plus a personal item
Maximum allowed in imperial: (converted)
- H x W x D = 22 x 14 x 9 in
- Weight = 15.4 lbs
Maximum allowed in metric: (official)
- H x W x D = 56 x 36 x 23 cm
- Weight = 7 kg
Examples of personal items for Air Macau
Along with your carry on item, Air Macau allows for one personal item. This is a smaller item, and generally it’s expected that your personal item will go under the seat in front of you. Some examples of additional items you can bring, as listed on Air Macau’s website, include:
- A small briefcase, handbag, or backpack.
- An umbrella, walking stick or crutches.
- An overcoat or shawl.
- A small camera or a pair of binoculars.
- A laptop or notebook that under 4 kg or 9 lbs in weight (including case and accessories).
- A infant bassinet or cot (that can fit on fold down shelves and can be properly secured).
- Infant food and nappies (for consumption in flight).
- A collapsible pushchair (if cabin stowage is available)
* NOTE : Baby buggies and adult wheelchairs must be checked-in as hold baggage.
- Reading publication.
- Duty free items.