The land down under. Far away and exotic, yet familiar enough culturally. Australia is a popular destination and a huge country with so much to offer.
Explore Australia’s natural wonders from the Great Ocean Road to the Great Barrier Reef to the Outback and beyond. Enjoy city life in Sydney, Melbourne, and Perth.
Planning a trip to Australia can be tricky because of its size. Did you know it’s almost as big as the continental US? That’s a lot of ground to cover! Don’t expect to see it all in one trip.
These posts will help you plan a trip to Australia and make the most of your vacation.
Australia itineraries and more
Traveling so far away to such a big country can feel like a major project. How do you even begin to plan a trip to Australia? Browse through our Australia itineraries, regional tips, and more. These posts will get you started so you can plan a fun trip without trying to see the whole country in 10 days.
- Simple Australia Itinerary
- Interview with an Australia Itinerary Expert
- Traveling to Australia – Things to Know Before You Go
- Planning Australia Transportation
- Things to do in Perth, Australia
- An Introduction to Brisbane and South East Queensland
Australia Tour Reviews
Sometimes tours make your life easier when you’re on vacation. By far, the Great Ocean Road tour listed below was the best tour I took during my trip to Australia. It meant I didn’t have to try to drive (on the opposite side of the road! and the opposite side of the car!) while also trying to admire the scenery…you know, the whole reason for venturing out to the Great Ocean Road.
Looking for a fully organized tour? Check out Australia tours here.
Australia reading and guidebooks
Guidebooks can help you plan a trip to Australia or simply keep you inspired while you wait for the day you can finally get on that airplane to the other side of the world. Here are a few books to check out, including a helpful guide from my friend Michela Fantinel.
- In a Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson
- Lonely Planet Australia guidebook
- The Ultimate Guide to Australia Itineraries by Michela Fantinel
Put a pretty picture of Australia on your desktop to remind you to plan a trip to Australia! Here are a few of my favorites from my trips to the land down under.
- Determine the size you need for your screen, and decide which photo you’d like to download.
- Find the size you need from the correct list, and click on the link. (Don’t see the size you need? Email me and let me know what size you’re looking for.)
- Right click on the photo, then choose “save image as” and take note of where you save the photo. (In Windows, you might be able to save it as wallpaper.)
- Find the file, right click and choose “set desktop picture.”